Nassau Tennis Club is this years recipient of the USPTA Middle States Division 2014 Facility of the Year and also boasts that Joao Pinho, Manager of Tennis Operations, was awarded USPTA Middle States Division 2014 Pro of the Year.
The Nassau Tennis Club is a family owned business that has been providing tennis, fitness and sports programs to the Greater Montgomery, Hillsborough and Princeton area for nearly 40 years. Located in Skillman, NJ, the facility has 10 indoor hard courts, 5 outdoor Har-Tru courts, pro shop, pool and a club house with locker rooms, viewing areas, babysitting, workout rooms and an area for socializing & parties. Nassau offers tennis programs for adults and juniors at all levels including instructional clinics, private lessons, leagues, travel teams, USTA teams, fitness programs and social events. Nassau Tennis Club is also the home of the prestigious High Performance Academy.
Joao “Jay” Pinho, originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, has been teaching tennis for over 13 years. Jay has experience as a Division I collegiate coach at Princeton University, The University of Toledo and Utah State University and has numerous certifications & accomplishments that include:
- U.S. Tennis Association (USTA): Certified High Performance Coach
- U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA): Certified Elite Professional
- USPTA: Specialist in Competitive Player Development & Accredited Coach
- USPTA: Middle States Rookie of the Year, 2010
- USPTA: Middle States Member of Executive Board & NJ President
- Human Performance Institute: Certified Mental Toughness Specialist
- The Etcheberry Experience: Certified in Strength, Conditioning & Movement in Sports
- Professional Tennis Registry (PTR): Certified Professional in Adult Development and 10 and Under
- PTR: 4A Status under the Merit Achievement Program (one of the youngest to achieve this level)
- PTR: Master of Tennis in Performance (first ever to graduate from the longest coaching program in U.S.)
Jay competed professionally at the National level and was Brazilian National Doubles champion in U-18. He was also a four-year standout at Austin Peay State University and Utah State University, NCAA Division I.
To learn more about Nassau Tennis Club and its teaching professionals, visit www.NassauTennis.Net